Sunday, November 24, 2013

Rice Noodle Stir Fry

Happy almost Thanksgiving!  We already had one feast with Bob's side of the family this weekend.  It was just a warm up for the big day.  Speaking of warm up, it's been a whopping 24 degrees all day.  The dreaded season of winter is upon us.  I am the biggest baby when it comes to snow and freezing temps.  Bob isn't a fan either.  So this year we decided that instead of hibernating and going to bed at 6:00, we're going to try to enjoy winter.  We're hoping that skiing, tubing, etc. will make it go by much faster....(crossing my fingers).

In the meantime, I have another quick, easy, and healthy meal.  Involving these bad boys.
They're a lot lighter than regular noodles and have a much more intriguing consistency.  I use them in place of rice to go with a stir fry.   Also, they only take roughly 2 minutes to boil.

Rice Noodle Stir Fry
1 lb. chicken tenders
Chopped onion
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 tsp grated ginger
1 package rice noodles
Baby bok choy

For sauce:
2 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
1 tbsp lemon juice
2 tsp white vinegar
1 tbsp Sriracha hot sauce
2 tsp honey
1/2 cup chicken broth
1 tbsp corn starch

Start by cutting the chicken into bite size pieces.  Saute with a little oil, onion, garlic, and ginger until cooked.  Meanwhile, start boiling a pot of water for the noodles.


In a mixing bowl, combine ingredients for the sauce.  I added a whole tbsp of Sriracha to give it an  extra kick.  By the way, I swear that stuff is getting hotter with age.  Dump the sauce in with the chicken.

 Cook on medium heat until sauce thickens.  And don't forget to boil your noodles.  I always forget, so good thing these only take 2 minutes. 
Sidebar: Someone was patiently waiting for his own dinner...

 I also made some baby bok choy to go on top with the stir fry.  Bok choy is a Chinese cabbage that goes great with basically anything.
Chop it up and saute it with a little soy sauce and vinegar.
Serve the chicken and sauce over the noodles, with the bok choy on top.
It probably took longer to take the pictures than to actually make this meal.  Let me know how you like it :)



1 comment:

  1. Thanks for this very delicious recipe. I hope that I can cook this perfect so that I can taste the real taste of it. I made some recipe and I only cook perfect was the recipe for stir fry sauce.

    ReplyDelete