Friday, January 17, 2014

BBQ Chicken Pizzas

As I start writing this post, I realize that it seems like we eat a lot of chicken.  Actually, it doesn't just seem like it.  We do eat a lot of chicken.  I'm ok with it though because it's healthy and easy to dress it up.  This is one of my favorite meals.  It uses leftovers, is so easy to make, very few Weight Watchers points, and is delicious!

I found this original recipe on the Weight Watchers website.  However, it included many things that my husband would absolutely not eat.  So, of course, I had to revamp it.

Ingredients
1 cup shredded chicken
1/2 cup BBQ sauce (I use Baby Ray's)
Onion powder
Pepper
3 whole wheat tortillas
Chives
1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese

You can start by using leftover chicken, such as rotisserie, or boil and shred chicken breasts.  As you know, I like to shred a bunch of chicken and freeze it sometimes.  That way, when I get home late and don't feel like cooking, it provides a quick and easy meal.

 
After that, combine the chicken, BBQ sauce, onion powder, and pepper in a bowl.  Adding some chopped onions would be delicious.  I would do that if I was you.
 
 
Then get your tortillas and put them in a baking sheet or pizza pan.  We love these low carb fajita wraps.
 

Spread the chicken mixture evenly on the tortillas.  Since I measure out WW points for hubby, the measurements are very specific.  For mine I pile as much on as possible :)

Then sprinkle the cheese on top.  We found a Weight Watchers Mexican blend shredded cheese that works really well.  I also use plain cheddar sometimes.  In the summer, I like to put fresh home-grown chives on top.  In the winter, I'm stuck with dried chives.

 
 

Bake at 400 degrees for about 8 minutes, depending on how crispy you want the crust.  Ours got a little over done this time around...
 

I think these would be fabulous with some veggies on top.  Sometimes we make tortilla pizzas with spinach. That's one of the few veggies I can get HIM to eat! 

No comments:

Post a Comment